Inmarsat, with Orbcomm (previously Skywave), have announced the withdrawal of the IsatM2M satellite service with an end-of life date of 31 December 2021.
The Pacific Ocean Region will cease to support IsatM2M data from 31 December 2020, meaning the service is no longer global and therefore not compliant for LRIT.
IsatM2M related Special Offers:
- 10% discount on Sirius One terminal for LRIT.
From 999.00 EUR (RRP 1115 EUR).
Subject to availability, terms and conditions.
What does this mean for LRIT?
- Your DMR800LRIT or Sat-201i/202-LRIT terminal will cease to send LRIT positions.
- Your vessel will no longer be compliant with LRIT Regulations.
- Your vessel may be subject to Port State Control inspection issues.
What does this mean for SSAS?
If you have a Ship Security Alert System that uses the IsatM2M service, then you will need to set up an alternative SSAS system before the end of 2020.
How can Fulcrum help?
You may have alternative equipment which could be used in the place of the ISatM2M terminal.
We have a team of specialists who are dedicated to supporting LRIT and SSAS tracking services.
- We can offer you a free consultation to help you identify if you have any other terminals that could be used for LRIT position reporting and/or SSAS;
We can supply a new terminal if you need one, at a discounted price;
- We will arrange an LRIT conformance test send a new CTR.
We offer a competitive SSAS service to replace the outgoing IsatM2M system
Conformance tests can be requested directly from our website. We will soon be adding the ability to request a duplicate or updated Conformance Test report directly from the website.
Also coming soon: you will be able to start your LRIT conformance test immediately.
If you need help assessing your needs, contact our Customer Service Team for free advice.
For further information, speak to a member of our service delivery team on +44 1708 788400 (Monday – Friday)
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday – Sunday, including Bank Holidays)
We provide support for LRIT Testing services 365 days per year, so there’s always someone available to help!